Free car seats and cribs (Pack n Plays)
Asociación Puertorriqueños en Marcha (APM): Car seat loan program
Philadelphia Car Seat Loaner Program
Pennsylvania State Police: Car seat check/fitting station. Appointment required!
Philadelphia Fire Dept. Engine #22: Car seat check/fitting station. Appointment required! Open 3rd Wed 5pm-8pm
St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children: Car seat check/fitting station. Appointment required!
- 160 E. Erie Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19134
- Rochelle Thompson email@example.com
- St. Christopher's website
Maternity Care Coalition - Cribs for Kids (Pack n Play): Must be within 8 weeks of due date OR have infant that is younger than 6 months
Department of Public Health Philadelphia: Free Pack n Play Crib Request
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia: Free car seats; must be receiving public assistance and have an EBT card, prescription/referral on letterhead, and photo id, can apply online
Free formula, diapers, and other baby supplies
Catholic Social Services (CSS) Family Service Centers: Parent education, free diapers, wipes, formula
- Bucks County: 100 Levittown Pkwy, Levittown, PA 19054
- Casa del Carmen: 4400 N. Reese St. Philadelphia, PA 19140
- Delaware County: 30 E. 7th St. Chester, PA 19013
610-872-7101 or 610-245-9700
- Northeast Philadelphia: 7340 Jackson St. Philadelphia, PA 19136
- Southeast Philadelphia: 6214 Grays Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19142
Emergency diapers and formula, Weds 10am-1pm; must bring baby’s birth certificate
- CSS Website
City Team Chester: Dinner service, emergency food boxes, diapers, & formula, fresh food, housing assistance
Kohl's Safety Center at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP): Low cost and some free safety products, free injury prevention info
- CHOP’s main hospital: 34th & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia, PA 19104
The safety center is located on the first floor of the Wood Building at CHOP
Turning Points for Children: Formula & diapers; emergency food for newborns and pregnant moms
Philadelphia Access Center - Cradles to Crayons: Provides help for families with children up to 6yrs old; diapers, toys, furniture, baby/maternity clothing
Aeroflow Breastpumps: Breast pumps, maternity compression, and postpartum recovery items covered by insurance
Pennsylvania Birth Certificate Information
PA Healthy Baby Helpline: Info on finding a doctor, immunizations, tests for baby, breastfeeding
WIC - Delco Breastfeeding Helpline
Breast pumps through Medicaid
Getting a breast pump covered by Medicaid insurance plans (PA Access, Keystone First, Health Partners, United Healthcare Community Plan, Aetna Better Health) is fairly straightforward.
- Medicaid patients are eligible for one (1) double breast, electric breast pump.
- For Health Partners members ONLY, a physician is required to write a prescription.
- Breast pump ordering form
- Cayaba Care can help you with this!
Compression garments and belly bands
Milk N Mamas Baby also provides compression garments and belly bands to patients, and prescriptions can be submitted to them as well. Additionally, your Cayaba Care Maternity Navigator or you can personally submit this form and someone from the company will call them to let you know if it is covered by your insurance plan.