General legal assistance

Community Legal Services

Free legal advice and representation to low income residents of Philly. Civil cases only. No criminal cases.

Defender’s Association of Philadelphia

Represents clients in adult and juvenile state counts at civil and criminal mental health hearings, and as child advocates for children with open dependent petitions.

Face to Face Legal Center

Legal services Mon & Fri 10am-2pm; birth certificates, Thurs 10am-2pm

Philadelphia Legal Assistance

Protection from abuse services, represents victims of domestic violence from abuse cases; Mon & Wed, 10am - 12pm. Legal assistance to low-income individuals & families

Temple University Law School Legal Aid Office

Pennsylvania Institutional Law Project

Provides free civil legal assistance to low-income people who are incarcerated or institutionalized in Pennsylvania whose civil constitutional rights have been violated.

Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania

Many locations in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery Counties

Christian Legal Services

Landlord disputes, custody cases, domestic abuse, immigration, will, criminal record expungement.

Housing services

Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program (VIP)

Provides free legal representation for Philadelphians facing housing, family, and income challenges.

United Communities Southeast Philadelphia (UCSEP)

Provides assistance to renters behind on their rent and needing financial assistance to catch up.

Philadelphia Eviction Prevention Project (PEPP)

Asociación Puertorriqueños en Marcha (APM)

Provides a range of financial and supportive services to individuals and families.

Sisters of Life

Roman Catholic community organization for emotional & spiritual counseling; housing support for pregnant women.

Utility Emergency Services Fund (UESF)

Philadelphia based organization. Assistance includes help with back rent for families struggling to remain in their homes.

Tenant Union Representative Network

Philadelphia-based tenant services and advocacy organization.                                   

Immigration legal services

Equal Access Legal Services

Nonprofit Philadelphia law firm. Provides low-cost or fixed-fee legal services, including immigration.

Justice at Work (formerly known as Friends of Farmworkers)

Provides legal aid not only to immigrant and migrant farmworkers, but also to low-wage workers across industries.

AIDS Law Project of Pennsylvania

Immigration, bankruptcy, employment, & family law

Catholic Social Services

Comprehensive high-quality, low-cost immigration legal services

Esperanza Immigration Legal Services

Non-litigation legal services to low-income immigrants and their families; workshops; citizenship prep courses; they speak English, Spanish, and French.

Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS)

Legal and supportive services to immigrants, refugees, and asylum seekers from all backgrounds in order to ensure fair treatment and full integration into American society

Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program

Immigration, civil rights, employment, and family law.

Penn Law Transnational Clinic

University of Pennsylvania legal clinic - international human rights and immigration