General legal assistance
Community Legal Services
Free legal advice and representation to low income residents of Philly. Civil cases only. No criminal cases.
- Community Legal Services website
- Currently accepting new clients by phone only (215-981-3700)
- Center City Office: 1424 Chestnut St. Philadelphia, PA 19102
- North Philadelphia Law Center: 1410 W. Erie Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19140
Defender’s Association of Philadelphia
Represents clients in adult and juvenile state counts at civil and criminal mental health hearings, and as child advocates for children with open dependent petitions.
Face to Face Legal Center
Legal services Mon & Fri 10am-2pm; birth certificates, Thurs 10am-2pm
Philadelphia Legal Assistance
Protection from abuse services, represents victims of domestic violence from abuse cases; Mon & Wed, 10am - 12pm. Legal assistance to low-income individuals & families
- 718 Arch St. Suite 300N, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Save-Your-Home Hotline (Salva tu casa) (215-334-4663) Mon-Fri (Lun-Vie) 9am-5pm
- Family Law Hotline (Derecho de familia) (215-981-3838) Mon-Thu (Lun-Jue) 9:30am-12pm
- General Intake Hotline (Ingesta general) (215-981-3800) Mon-Thu (Lun-Jue) 9:30am-12pm
- Philadelphia Legal Assistance
Temple University Law School Legal Aid Office
Pennsylvania Institutional Law Project
Provides free civil legal assistance to low-income people who are incarcerated or institutionalized in Pennsylvania whose civil constitutional rights have been violated.
- The Cast Iron Building, 718 Arch Street, Suite 304 South, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Pennsylvania Institutional Law Project website
Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania
Many locations in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery Counties
- Main line: 877-429-5994
- Mon-Fri, 9am-1pm
- Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania website
- List of locations and contact info
Christian Legal Services
Landlord disputes, custody cases, domestic abuse, immigration, will, criminal record expungement.
- Hunting Park: Joy in the City: 4455 N. 6th St, Philadelphia, PA 19140
- West Philadelphia: Salvation Army West Philadelphia Corps Community Center: 5501 N. Market St., Philadelphia, PA 19139
- South Philadelphia: The Philadelphia Access Center: 1700 Fernon St. Philadelphia, PA 19145
- Germantown: Impacting Your World 5507 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19144
- Kensington: Bethel Temple Community Bible Church 228 E. Allegheny Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19134
- North Philadelphia: Salvation Army: 1340 Brown St., Philadelphia, PA 19123
Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program (VIP)
Provides free legal representation for Philadelphians facing housing, family, and income challenges.
United Communities Southeast Philadelphia (UCSEP)
Provides assistance to renters behind on their rent and needing financial assistance to catch up.
Philadelphia Eviction Prevention Project (PEPP)
Asociación Puertorriqueños en Marcha (APM)
Provides a range of financial and supportive services to individuals and families.
Sisters of Life
Roman Catholic community organization for emotional & spiritual counseling; housing support for pregnant women.
Utility Emergency Services Fund (UESF)
Philadelphia based organization. Assistance includes help with back rent for families struggling to remain in their homes.
- 1608 Walnut St. Suite 600, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Veterans Line: 215-814-6888
- UESF website
Tenant Union Representative Network
Philadelphia-based tenant services and advocacy organization.
Immigration legal services
Equal Access Legal Services
Nonprofit Philadelphia law firm. Provides low-cost or fixed-fee legal services, including immigration.
Justice at Work (formerly known as Friends of Farmworkers)
Provides legal aid not only to immigrant and migrant farmworkers, but also to low-wage workers across industries.
- 990 Spring Garden Street, Suite 300, Philadelphia, PA 19123
- 215-733-0878 or 800-729-1607
- Justice at Work website (English and Spanish)
AIDS Law Project of Pennsylvania
Immigration, bankruptcy, employment, & family law
Catholic Social Services
Comprehensive high-quality, low-cost immigration legal services
- 222 N. 17th St. Philadelphia, PA 19103
- 215-854-7019 Mon-Fri 9am - 1pm
- Catholic Social Services - Philadelphia website
Esperanza Immigration Legal Services
Non-litigation legal services to low-income immigrants and their families; workshops; citizenship prep courses; they speak English, Spanish, and French.
Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS)
Legal and supportive services to immigrants, refugees, and asylum seekers from all backgrounds in order to ensure fair treatment and full integration into American society
Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program
Immigration, civil rights, employment, and family law.
Penn Law Transnational Clinic
University of Pennsylvania legal clinic - international human rights and immigration